– We continue with fund raising for a larger building –
We have joined Amazon Smile
If you shop at Amazon, please consider designating
Broad River Genealogical Society as a charity that they will send a donation to based on shoppers.
The Society is a member of the Federation of Genealogical Societies, and the National Genealogical Society, the North Carolina Genealogical Society, PreservationDirectory.com and the Cleveland County Arts Council.
The purposes of the Society are to preserve area records and to disseminate genealogical and historical information through book publishing, educational meetings, occasional genealogical classes and guidance for the public, and a bulletin published quarterly. This quarterly magazine “Eswau Huppeday“, which translates as “land between the rivers” and refers to the territory between the Cherokee & Catawba Indian Nations, contains over 250 pages of historical and genealogical information each year.
BRGS – What we do:
- Collect historical and genealogical materials at our Archive.
- Assist people with genealogical research.
- Produce and sell books, maps & materials.
- Look up information and obituaries.
- Have guest speakers at our monthly meetings.
- Have programs on local history.
- Never charge people for our help, but we do accept donations.