-We continue our fundraising for a larger building-
The Heritage Book of Rutherford County, NC, Vol I
Click on book image for details.
Broad River Genealogical Society, Inc. is a non-profit corporation chartered in October 1980 by the State of NC and is classified as a Tax-Exempt Educational & Scientific Organization within the meaning of Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations of funds, books and other property made to the Society are deductible for purposes of Federal Income Tax returns.
The Society is a member of the Federation of Genealogical Societies, and the National Genealogical Society, the North Carolina Genealogical Society, PreservationDirectory.com and the Cleveland County Arts Council.
The purposes of the Society are to preserve area records and to disseminate genealogical and historical information through book publishing, educational meetings, occasional genealogical classes and guidance for the public, and a bulletin published quarterly. This quarterly magazine “Eswau Huppeday“, which translates as “land between the rivers” and refers to the territory between the Cherokee & Catawba Indian Nations, contains over 250 pages of historical and genealogical information each year.
BRGS – What we do:
- Collect historical and genealogical materials at our Archive.
- Assist people with genealogical research.
- Produce and sell books, maps & materials.
- Look up information and obituaries.
- Have guest speakers at our monthly meetings.
- Have programs on local history.
- Never charge people for our help, but we do accept donations.